Historically I have discouraged people from using specific microbial inoculants when growing, as many of these microorganisms can be found in greater concentrations and diversity in a properly made aerated compost tea (ACT). In fact, many of the "instant compost tea" or "microbes in a bottle" products I've looked at under the microscope over the past 10 years tend to be dead or completely dormant.
When I met Colin, the founder of Mammoth P, at Cannacon I was initially quite skeptical. However, he was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction and got me interested in the possibility of adding specific p-solubilizing bacteria as a way of increasing plant growth and health. I saw some independent positive trials on the product, but saw cost as a big obstacle still. That got me curious....is there a way I could replicate some of these microorganisms as a way of making the product got a bit further per application?
See the video below for a further explanation of my experiment:
In my experiment, I setup 3 different tests with the compost tea brewer:
1. Mammoth P + distilled water
2. Mammoth P + distilled water + unsulfured blackstrap molasses
In conclusion, it appears promising that you could increase the biology in Mammoth P by adding a food source and brewing it similar to an aerated compost tea over a period of 24 hours. This experiment bears repeating by others with microscopes, but I'm hopeful that some growers will also attempt plant trials in this fashion as a way of incorporating Mammoth P into their gardening regimen where it may have been unaffordable before.
NOTE: It's important to keep in mind that I did not test to confirm that the particular species of bacteria that Growcentia claims on their product label were increased. Instead, I just looked at the product out of the bottle with no other microbial inputs and attempted to determine if the morphology (shape) of the microorganisms were consistent across all samples as the biomass increased over time and with an added food source.