Dolomite Lime (Calcium Magnesium Carbonate ) is a soil conditioner made from crushed limestone.
This agricultural dolomite has 21.8% calcium, 54.7% calcium carbonate and 11.6% magnesium, 40.2% magnesium carbonate. Its calcium carbonate equivalent is 103%.
The benefits of agricultural lime include:
- Improving the physical, chemical and biological properties of the soil
- Promoting better nitrogen fixation by legumes
- Increasing the availability of nutrients to plants
- Reducing toxicities in the soil
- Enhancing the effectiveness of some herbicides
- Supplying calcium, magnesium and other minerals to crops
- Raises pH in acidic soil