Pacific Pearl Crushed Oyster Shell
Crushed oyster shells have many garden uses. The slow release of calcium and trace minerals is an obvious benefit, but this gritty substance also helps deter moles and voles.
That coarse texture also helps prevent water-logged soil in containers by providing aeration: mix a couple handfuls of shell into the potting soil for small pots and proportionately more for large containers. As a 100% organic source of calcium, oyster shells also help neutralize soil acidity.
- Contributes to an improved overall egg shell quality through increased calcium
- Reduces undergrades, egg loss, and extends the length of the lay cycle
- Compared to oyster shell from the Eastern US, this shell is more digestible
- Sized specifically for solubility, availability, and retention time in the gizzard
- Recommended as a free choice option for chickens once they start laying